Driving Innovation in Legal Services: Part 4
by Scott Paster
October 18, 2016
This is my fourth and final post in this series, in which I am highlighting a case history focused on how implementing new processes and workflows enabled a major law firm (Chapman and Cutler LLP) to achieve substantial business benefits. In this column I will spotlight the results that the Canon and client teams have been able to achieve to date.
The new approaches we implemented working with our client helped Chapman reduce costs, streamline operations and reduce risk. Highlights include the following:
- More cost-efficient and higher quality print/copy/scanning processes implemented for critical firm activities, such as the production of closing books and other vital documents
- Creation of a quality assurance system, which helps ensure accuracy, overall quality and continuous improvement
- Legal document review cost savings of over $50,000 to date by leveraging Canon’s CaseData® cloud-based document review system
- Reduction in headcount from 20 to 16 while increasing productivity and implementing new processes for the firm's print/copy/mail center operation. This includes cost savings of approximately $12,000 per month for printing work previously given to outside vendors and driving mail center efficiency by reducing the number of daily runs from 9 to 5
- Potential future gains in the form of reduced costs and enhanced operational efficiency with the launch of new solutions, including digital intake center and a web-based print job submission system
Feel free to visit the Legal Services page of our website where you’ll find insights on industry trends and best practices. You can also download white papers, case histories and more.